Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Music in the mail

A few of the great albums I received in the mail:

Mirrorring (Kranky): Simply beautiful and spellbinding work from two highly talented individuals. Tiny Vipers' ghostly folk doesn't sound out of place wrapped up in Grouper's ethereal drones for a second.

The Sight Below - It All Falls Apart (Ghostly International): I was unfamiliar with this, but I'm do glad I'm in the know. Imagine if Tim Hecker was on Kompakt. Really beautiful textures with some barely there minimal throb. There's also some pretty hefty low end buried in there, so listen on some decent speakers.

Locrian - The Clearing & The Final Epoch (Relapse): No mystery what a huge fan of Locrian I am. I own most of the material on this collection on vinyl (naturally) but some of it I don't. Plus, I'm a bit of a completist and I will gladly give my money to this band.

Not pictured: Fermentae - Glossalia cs: Kevin from Sutekh Hexen's solo project. Admittedly I haven't finished listening to this yet, but I really, really like what I'm hearing so far. Plus, the design (also done by Kevin) is terrific. Hey Kevin, want to design something for Greenhouse one day?


No comments:

Post a Comment