Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring Updates

A few exciting things to mark down here.

1. I'll be performing at the 2014 Winnipeg International Jazz Fest with a new project I've been working on with local musician, producer, DJ and friend Tim Hoover. I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to open for Oneohtrix Point Never, as I've been a fan of his for several years. Our rehearsals have been going really well, and I think this is going to be a project you'll be hearing more from in the future. Bio below.


Tim Hoover and Curran Faris make music out of guitars and electronics. This collaboration was borne out of a mutual love for intricate pop, electronic and experimental music. The duo culminates Hoover’s extensive experience performing as DJ Co-op, as well as his moodier forays into electronic production, and Faris’ work in the rock outfit Warsaw and his experimental drone project Greenhouse. Together, their instrumental music incorporates chilly atmospheres and textured soundscapes with the formality and structure of dance and hip-hop music while incorporating the looser, more improvised sounds of noise and drone.

2. I'm currently in the midst of recording new material. I'll also be hitting the studio soon - my initial dates were postponed. More details coming soon.

3. No show announcements at this time. I'm currently focusing on recording and rehearsing for the OPN show. I hope to have a few soon though.

4. Total Life is opening for Silver Mt. Zion and I am incredibly excited.

Until then,
C

Current Listening: Jon Porras - Light Divides; Irkallian Oracle - Grave Ekstasis; Madlib & Freddi Gibbs - Pinata; Slates - Taiga; Helms Alee - Sleepwalking Sailors

No comments:

Post a Comment